PLAYS League Scholarship Program
PLAYS- Providing Life Assistance Through Youth Sports
The Goal of PLAYS
Organized youth team sports provide children the opportunity to make new friends, learn discipline and respect for authority, and to engage in fun healthy physical activities.
Our ultimate goal is for financial hardships to never be a reason that an area child doesn’t get to play an organized team sport.
Obviously the need for scholarship assistance continues to be greater than our resources, but with a growing number of PLAYS Financial Partners, we are helping more kids GET IN THE GAME ever year!
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Athlete must be between the ages of 4 and 16 for the scholarship season requested.
- Commitment to attend a minimum of 75% of scheduled practices and games.
- Participation by a family member in at least one (1) league volunteer opportunity during the scholarship season.
- Completion of a PLAYS Scholarship Program evaluation at the end of the scholarship season.
- Attendance of one 1-hour “Healthy Family” Workshop (Full Scholarship Option)
- Application must be completed by a parent, guardian, or head of household, with all requested information provided. (Incomplete applications will not be considered.)
- Proof of Family Income is Required (Copy of one of the following: Paycheck Stub, Government Assistance Check, W-2 Income Tax Statement)
Priority will be given to eligible youth meeting one or more of the criteria below:
- Member of a multi-child family.
- Living in a single parent home.
- Receiving assistance from programs such as: Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, etc.(Must provide written documentation of participation in these programs to receive priority status)
- Written recommendation by school representatives, social workers, youth community center workers, or other social services representatives.
Youth Leagues that PLAYS Scholarship is offered:
- Abilene Boys & Girls Softball
- Abilene Fast Pitch Softball
- Abilene North Softball
- Big Country Soccer
- Dixie LL Baseball
- Eastern LL
- Eastern Jr/Sr League
- Key City Hockey
- Northern LL Baseball
- North Jr/Sr Baseball
- Southern LL Baseball
- Southern Jr/Sr League
- USTA Jr. Tennis
- Wylie Softball
- Wylie LL Baseball
- Wylie Jr/Sr League
- West Texas Youth Football
Approval of a registration scholarship does not register the participant in the activity. Athlete must still register with the league.
PLAYS Scholarship Funding is provided in large part through the generous donations of these amazing organizations and individuals:
- Dodge Jones Foundation
- Dian Graves Owens Foundation
- Mayor’ Council on Physical Fitness (Click Here)